Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need the best  (Read 3180 times)

nevalend

I need the best
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »
K.... I have a toshiba satilte and they enable you to create a master password that activates as soon as the computer boots up (after it tells you to push f1 and f12 for some otha stuff) The problem is... the password got changed some how and I cannot even access a profile or anything. It won't even allow me to push f1 or f12 to try and set up. before that, the computer wouldn't power up when i pushed the button with the battery pack fully charge and or plugged into a socket... I need some HELP!!!!!!!
thanx :-\

kbm292

Intermediate

Re: I need the best
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:47:05 PM »
    Which OS are you running?  Can you boot into safe mode?  I know in Windows XP there is a guest account that shows up in safe mode.  If you could use that you can use the command prompt to run this command

net users (your user name goes here) "password"

Whatever you put in the quotes will be the new password.  So for example:

net users Sally "newpass"

That would change Sally's password to newpass.  However we will still need more info on your current system so we can make sure you have the correct answer.  Also one more thing....this master password you are talking about.  Is this for an account in windows?  Or for the cmos?  If it's for the cmos the above recommendation won't work.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 02:50:10 PM »
    This is a laptop...and it's not a Windows password it's a BIOS password.
    Call a local Toshiba service center and get your wallet out...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

nevalend

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:01:25 AM »
     :-\Yeah... it's the bios password and not being able to type in my password cuts me out from everything!   thanx a bunch

kbm292

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:47:03 AM »
      Yup, you're going to have to do what Patio said.....unfortunately.   :-\