Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Right-click default action on drives  (Read 4426 times)

Michael

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Experience: Experienced
    Right-click default action on drives
    « on: September 12, 2007, 11:33:34 PM »
    When I double click on the local drives or removable drives, it will always open in a new window.
    If I right-click on the drives, the action list shows Auto, Search...,Open, Explore.
    How do I revert it back to the default setting where "open" is the default action?
    Thanks.

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Right-click default action on drives
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 01:41:25 AM »
    hmm..i don't see this as a thread ;D
    I'm not sure bout this,but i think it's auto depending on what inside the removable drive.

Michael

Topic Starter

Adviser
      « Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 04:16:37 AM »
      What you mean you don't see this as a thread?

On my computer at home, the actions are: Open, Explore, Search...

The computer in my office shows: Auto, Search..., Open, Explore

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
        « Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 04:49:31 PM »
        what type of drive is this happening on. Autoplay only appears on flash drives and cd/dvd drives.

Michael

Topic Starter

Adviser
          « Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 05:12:27 PM »
          When I double click on the local drives or removable drives, it will always open in a new window.
          If I right-click on the drives, the action list shows Auto, Search...,Open, Explore.
          How do I revert it back to the default setting where "open" is the default action?
          Thanks.

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
          « Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »
          i didn't google this problem but what i know are it's depending on what kind of data inside your removeable drive.Like my ipod,when i just format it,i just double click it to open,(because it's empty) but when there are files like mp3's,it will be autoplay with winamp.
           :-\

kasrawis

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 03:44:36 AM »
            1. Go to save mode 
            Note: to go to save mode press F8 before windows shows loading screen

2.open start menu open Run type CMD go to spacific drive E.g  D:  hit Enter

D:\>attrib -h -s

do this to all your drives and open every drive from start menu Run e.g   open run and type D: and hit Enter then delete only a file ( Autorun.ini ) and do this to all your drives
            restart your computer in normal mode then double click on your drives it will be open in the same windows

kasrawis

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 03:55:21 AM »
              forgot to tell you that your system is infected with rose.exe it always makes a autoplay ini file whenever you try to open the drive it will be open in a new windows or it will show you openwith windows  if you didn't understand what i write for you just download and run this http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...isinfector.exe i hope it will be ok

Michael

Topic Starter

Adviser
                « Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 08:54:56 PM »
                2.open start menu open Run type CMD go to spacific drive E.g  D:  hit Enter

D:\>attrib -h -s
                unable to change attribute - C:\pagefile.sys

do this to all your drives and open every drive from start menu Run e.g   open run and type D: and hit Enter then delete only a file ( Autorun.ini ) and do this to all your drives
                There is no file named Autorun.ini but there are autorun.inf , autorun.PNF , and a suspicious Auto.exe

and run this http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...isinfector.exe i hope it will be ok
                Page not found

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »
                forgot to tell you that your system is infected with rose.exe it always makes a autoplay ini file whenever you try to open the drive it will be open in a new windows or it will show you openwith windows  if you didn't understand what i write for you just download and run this http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...isinfector.exe i hope it will be ok

Based on the info given i'm surprised it could so easily be determined you are infected...
                But carry on and follow the advice given...
                kazwaris where do you get this info from ? ?
                " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Michael

Topic Starter

Adviser
                  « Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 04:39:42 AM »
                  While the link given by kasrawis does not work, I searched on the internet and there is suggestion to look for the rose.exe in the processes list but I do not find one in mine.

Anyway below is the hijackthis log file:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
                  Scan saved at 6:27:10 PM, on 9/19/2007
                  Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
                  Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
                  C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
                  C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
                  C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
                  C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                  C:\D-Link\AirPlusG+\AirPlus.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
                  C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\comp\hptskmgr.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
                  C:\Mike\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://dellsearchedit.myway.com/samisc/dellsidebar.jhtml?p=DT
                  R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
                  R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                  R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                  R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
                  R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                  R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                  R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr8/*http://www.yahoo.com
                  R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll
                  R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
                  O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
                  O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
                  O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
                  O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
                  O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
                  O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeviceDiscovery] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMEKRMIG6.1] C:\WINDOWS\ime\imkr6_1\IMEKRMIG.EXE
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                  O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
                  O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
                  O4 - Global Startup: D-Link AirPlus G+ Wireless Utility.lnk = ?
                  O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?

Michael

Topic Starter

Adviser
                    « Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 04:40:36 AM »
                    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
                    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
                    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
                    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
                    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
                    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
                    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
                    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
                    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
                    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
                    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
                    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
                    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
                    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
                    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1139467714562
                    O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_games/popcap/bejeweled2/popcaploader_v6.cab
                    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
                    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
                    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
                    O23 - Service: 7A1BED7E - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\821B45F4.EXE
                    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
                    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
                    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
                    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
                    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
                    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
                    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
                    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
                    O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
                    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
                    O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
                    O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
                    O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
                    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
                    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
                    O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
                    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
                    End of file - 12930 bytes