Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cursor and mouse are not in snyc???  (Read 7217 times)

computerhelppls

cursor and mouse are not in snyc???
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
Hi!  Thanks for your help.  I am really not too knowledgable on computers and would like to know what is going on with mine. 
For the past 2 days,  my cursor and mouse seems to be disconnecting on the screen making it really frustrating to do anything on the internet.  It seems to cut in and out while I am surfing.   It is really frustrating - actually started making my stomach feel abit woozy the longer I tried to make them connect.  The mouse has a red laser underneath and rests on a cushioned pad which is smooth and clean.  I have tried unplugging then plugging the mouse cord into the main unit a couple of times.  Yesterday I just shut the whole computer down for a few hours.  When it started up again it was fine but then reverted back to this nauseating disconnection.   :(
Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank-you.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: cursor and mouse are not in snyc???
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:20:52 PM »
Have you tried closing unnecessary programs?
Does this issue happen on all websites?
What Operating System do you have? How much RAM and CPU do you have on your computer?
What Antivirus protections do you have?
What web browser are you using?
Does this happen only on the internet? Does it happen while using other things on your computer?

Possible solutions:
Move the mouse to the top left hand corner...
Disable mouse trailing
Reinstall Drivers
Scan for, and remove any viruses

Possible causes:
Virus
Out of System Resources
Website using Flash or Java, taking too many resources
Bad application
Random error... these happen.. "happens just because"
Bad Driver
Bad mouse software
Incorrect settings

computerhelppls

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:50:57 PM »
Zylstra - Thank-you for all your advice.  It seems to be working fine once I am on this website, but to get here it was going in random directions - and does seem to happen on different websites.  I can't answer all your questions because I am not sure of the answers but just added a free antivirus program (AGV - I think that's the name) and it has detected no virus threats today, last night it found one hidden and unhealable but it is not showing today.  I will try try some of your solutions if it happens again. THX.  :)

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »
Zylstra - Thank-you for all your advice.  It seems to be working fine once I am on this website, but to get here it was going in random directions - and does seem to happen on different websites.  I can't answer all your questions because I am not sure of the answers but just added a free antivirus program (AGV - I think that's the name) and it has detected no virus threats today, last night it found one hidden and unhealable but it is not showing today.  I will try try some of your solutions if it happens again. THX.  :)
Did you do a full system scan after installing AVG?

I think that its a possibility that the websites you visit are using Flash, and your computer may be too slow for Flash. You can try reinstalling Flash, but do not install the Yahoo toolbar, by visiting this link:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

computerhelppls

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 09:48:36 PM »
Thanks again.  Yes I did do the full scan and last night it said there was one threat, hidden and unhealable.  Then today there were 0 threats.  When I type in this box it is fine, but as soon as I post and move to another page it is back.  (that's why it has taken me sometime to get back to this site- I wasn't even sure if it was posted or not) I tried the upper left hand and it takes some time for it to quiet down and get in sync if it does at all.  It seems to be a hit or miss - sometimes on the google search page sometimes its okay.  It just cut in for one character as I type on here.  You may be right about visiting sites that have more resources than this computer can handle but I those that come to mind are ones I have been participating in (like this) for awhile and they are slow to change pages, respond etc. - but not where the cursor and mouse go completely out of sync.  I will download the program you suggested.  Thank-you.

Spero-T

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 04:55:06 AM »
Reinstall Drivers....

Try new mouse....

computerhelppls

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 05:44:17 PM »
Thanks for all you advice.  I tried many and finally uninstalled a new internet security system I loaded the same day it started and now the mouse and cursor are in sync just alittle delayed in response time.  I hope i am not speaking too soon.  Thanks again. :)

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 06:01:13 PM »
    Crank it up in your Control Panel>Mouse.

computerhelppls

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »
    Thanks!  :)