Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mouse problem.. please help!  (Read 2160 times)

stanagerob

mouse problem.. please help!
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
Hi,
heres the problem:
optical usb mouse with serial adapter.
when pc turned on, mouse pointer is visable, but cant move it despite being able to right and left click (with response) and use the scroll wheel. doesnt matter if i move the mouse to a new usb port, same problem. pc thinks everything is working fine :(

any ideas?

many thanks
rob

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    Re: mouse problem.. please help!
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:22:06 AM »
     1/ what mouse type and manufacturer are you trying to use?

2/  corrupt drivers can often cause this behavior,

3/ go into the control panel, then system, then hardware/then device manager,select the "mice and other pointing devices" delete any mouse device showing. then restart windows should then find the device and install the drivers stored in your computer.

4/ if it is a microsoft intellipoint mouse you can download he latest drivers from here :-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ea22bd62-4873-406a-bbbe-c587d35a53bf&DisplayLang=en

then go into the control panel, then system, then hardware/then device manager,select the "mice and other pointing devices" delete any mouse device showing.
    then install the new driver and restart.

Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »
      optical usb mouse with serial adapter
      I'm not sure what this 'serial adapter' is but if you get an adaptor to convert your usb mouse to PS/2 you will not be sorry. *trust me*

deep

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:38:42 PM »
        I would simply plug in another mouse, its probably the mouse, dude.