Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive Failure  (Read 2304 times)

psy113

Hard Drive Failure
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:14:31 PM »
PROBLEM SOLVED! On August 26, 2007, I requested help on my grandon's failed hard drive. After several days of various attempts to recover his data, I visited 3 computer technicians in my home town and was advised that it was hopeless. Unwilling to give up, I searched the Internet and found a recommendation that worked. It might not work for all failed hard drives but I wanted to pass along the recommendation in the event others have a similar problem.
In a PC WORLD help file, I found a video titled ""How to Resurrect a Crashed Hard Drive". The URL is http://www.pcworld.com/video/catid,1610-. The video suggested that the hard drive be sealed in a plastic bag and put in the freezer. I left mine in the freezer for 24 hours, allowed it to return to room temperature and when installed as a slave in my computer, I was able to access the hard drive and recover all of my grandson's data and pictures of his young son. We are all very grateful for all of the help offered her and my father's teaching that I should never give up on attempting to solve a problem until I had tried every possible option.
I am very grateful to God for leading me to the right source. I hope this helps someone else.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Hard Drive Failure
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »
    Ahhh...the old "bag it in the freezer trick".  An oldie but a goodie  ;D

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      Re: Hard Drive Failure
      « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:01:27 PM »
      That works? I'd write that off as folk-lore, if you hadn't brought that up. I'd heard of that, but didn't want to try it. Wow. You have my respect. :D
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."