Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft 2000  (Read 4480 times)

tekkite07

Microsoft 2000
« on: September 29, 2007, 05:42:52 PM »
I recently downloaded Microsoft Word 2000 onto my computer.  I had been using Open Office freeware, but ever since the latest update, it kept crashing.  SO, after putting Microsoft Word 2000 on, I wiped out Open Office.  Now, when I open a document in Word, I get unreadable gibberish.  What happened? How can I fix it?

The Saviour

Re: Microsoft 2000
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 05:49:26 PM »
I wasn't aware you could download Office 2000...

If I were you...I'd purchase a legal version...

tekkite07

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:02:46 PM »
Maybe I phrased it wrong.  I purchased a disc, which is fully legal. It came with a certificate of authenticity. I installed the program from that. I was under the impression that Open Office was compatible with most word processing programs.  It seems that it isn't.  Now I can't work with my documents.

The Saviour

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 06:15:34 PM »
Your previous post states that Open Office is compatible with most word processing programs...not the other way around...

Since you uninstalled Open Office and installed Office 2000...none of your Open Office documents can be opened in Office 2000.

You can reinstall Open Office and use it for the documents you created with it.

If you still have Office 2000 installed...you may want to go to Office Home and check for updates for that software as well.

Remember to have your Office 2000 CDs available...you'll need them for the updates...