Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Something weird about my internet during wow  (Read 3215 times)

Zhaiphos

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Gangsta Dawg
    Something weird about my internet during wow
    « on: September 30, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »
    Well, my stationairy computer broke, so I'm currently on my Laptop.
     I've never tried before but now i felt like playing wow, and when i did. I logged in normally and found it to be a bit laggy, had 20.000 ms
     After a few seconds i got dc
    This keeps happening at MY internet, but not at my friends.

Is there anything i need to do? Since wow worked perfectly on my stationairy ..

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Something weird about my internet during wow
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »
    Initially I was going to say it has something to do with the hardware in your laptop (e.g. not the best video card). However, since you indicated that it works fine at your friends house and not your house. I'm a little stumped.

Have you tried this more than once? Maybe the servers were busy at the time you tried it or you were in a populated part of WOW (e.g. the auction house).

Are you using a slower internet connection at your house?
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Zhaiphos

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Gangsta Dawg
      Re: Something weird about my internet during wow
      « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »
      Yes that's what I thought too, but when it suddenly worked at 2 of my friends places I got suspicious, it's probably my internet then. Or maybe just unlucky, i have 8mb by telia and my friend has some lameass internet on 0.5 mb so, that shouldn't be a problem.
       If you have any solution that might help me please post them, I'm going to try to log from home and ill write the result here.

Thanks