Other > Computer News

Browser wars

(1/1)

Ronda:
Has anyone heard of Mozillla and Firefox vs. Internet Explorer?  I've recently switched to Mozilla, because it is supposed to be a more secure browser than Internet Explorer.  There is also an alternative to Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird.  They are free downloads, and very user friendly.  A lot of people don't even know they have a choice.  
It never hurts to shop around for a better deal.  Do some research and check out Mozilla.  Look up browser reviews and browser wars, or go to Mozilla/Firefox web site and see for yourself, what they have to offer, and where Internet Explorer is lacking in security.  Just an FYI. ;)

Raptor:
I have used Mozilla Firefox since version 0.7, if I recall correctly.

Corrosive:
IE is actually as secure as the rest of them - the only difference is that you need to do a lot of tinkering to get it that way, as opposed to the Mozilla browsers (www.mozilla.org) and Opera (www.opera.com), which ship with reasonably sane defaults.

I've actually used Opera since v5 - it's an excellent browser that I think even beats Firefox for features, but does have an advert at the top of the page. Even then, I don't find them all that intrusive...

merlin_2:
And the one internet explorer was supposed to be the advant browser>http://www.download.com/3000-2356_4-10150342.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version