Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error  (Read 11782 times)

Cindy

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error
« on: December 04, 2004, 10:35:04 PM »
I am receiving the following error message when I try to save an image from a webpage.  I am using Internet Explorer 6.  Thank you for your help!

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

Raptor

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime E
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 05:02:56 AM »

Cindy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 07:31:53 AM »
Hi.  Thanks for responding!

Yes, any page, but not all the time.  Just today, it happened with My Documents folder.  

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 11:00:47 AM »
Did you read the article I supplied you with?

Cindy

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 04:58:06 AM »
Thanks again for responding.  Yes, I read the article.  I'm not sure what to do, though.  It says,

"RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, contact J. River to inquire about the availability of a fix for this issue."

This may seem like a silly question, but how do I go about contacting this person?  

BTW, I contacted Dell and was able to fix the runtime error regarding My Pictures/My Documents folder (at least for now).  The technician sent me a file entitled "WinsockXPFix."  For a while, the internet problem seemed to be fixed also, but now it continues to show runtime error messages.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 06:32:54 AM »
Are you saying you have never heard of J. River?!

Me neither.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

See if any of these articles correspond to your problem.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 02:10:11 PM »
This is win9x.....yes......dump ie 6 and use 5.5..........if this problem persists.....save files to disk and re-load system..

Cindy

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 08:21:22 AM »
I'm still having lots of problems with runtime errors.  Now I also have the same problem when I open My Pictures folder.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
I appreciate it!

Cindy

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 08:24:15 AM »
Thanks for your replies.

Who is J. River?

Do I need to reformat?  I really hate to have to do this.

I'll try I.E. 5.5 and hope for the best.

merlin_2

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 03:42:54 PM »
ok cindy here is what to do but its your choice and no ones elses..except mine......load the win 98 install disk chose browse this cd option....now find the add/on folder click this..now click the pws folder.......scroll down till you come across reg32 icon the square looking icon thing........next to that icon is one called setup  click it......this will re-install your system without losing any files............the other options at the command  prompt a:\ were scanreg/fix  scanreg/restore... which may have worked but this may hamper it>>(The technician sent me a file entitled "WinsockXPFix."  For a while, the internet problem seemed to be fixed also, but now it continues to show runtime error messages) hth lol....and scan for bugs.....boring but its a net war thats fighting to survive.....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 03:45:16 PM by merlin_2 »

cinmcw

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 07:40:20 AM »
I really appreciate your help, but I'm kinda lost now.  I loaded my XP Install disk, chose browse this cd option, then could not figure out what to do next.  

Would you explain a little further?  I could not find an add/on folder or a pws folder.

Thanks again.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 10:05:27 AM »
    I can't figure out what you want to do? Can't you access the CD? Try doing it from my computer. And you might a quicker and more relevent response if you make your own topic for your problem.

cinmcw

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 01:55:45 AM »
    I'm not sure what you mean by make my own topic for my problem - I thought I did that.

I think I'm going to have to reformat at this point.  In addition to the previous problems, I can no longer download or install software.  I have lost all of my desktop settings and taskbar shortcuts, as well.  

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I appreciate the help.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 02:27:19 PM »
      Are you trying to reinstall Windows?