Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word  (Read 10177 times)

tngirl

MS Word
« on: December 05, 2004, 06:54:44 PM »
Hope I'm at the right place for my question. When I'm using word I have to save every few words because the system will freeze and I have to turn off without going to start to power down safely. I'm running 2000, 114GB. Not sure what other info. you might need. Thanks

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: MS Word
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 08:13:56 PM »
    tngirl......Does your pc ever lockup when using other applications .......ie Excel , Power Point or any other non M/S software?  Do you have and run regularly a anti-virus program and spyware scanning software.
    How long has it been since you could shut down properly?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

tngirl

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 05:08:10 PM »
    I don't know much about computers so please forgive me if I say something that is totally off the wall.  I have AVG 6.0 and Ad-Aware SE Personal.  I can sut down normal if I'm not using MS Word.  I never use Excel at home only work and I have not had a problem with the freeze in PowerPoint.  I installed MS Works Suite 2001 with word 2000 SR-1 over the weekend hoping this would help to re-install but I still had the problem when using word. I may have been able to type alittle more this time before the big freeze. Thanks

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 01:57:45 PM »
      When it freezes, press control alt and delete at the same time and wait for about 20 seconds. If the task manager comes up, then we will know that the whole computer has not froozen, just Word.

Maybe this can help?

http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/NNTWord.htm