Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help saving an excel spreadsheet.  (Read 2760 times)

Aprentice08

Topic Starter

Rookie

Need help saving an excel spreadsheet.
    « on: October 09, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to save an excel form but i can't, everytime I try to saved it, I'll get this message...

I do have Admin rights to change the settings of the folder..This is what I done so far...went to the folder ...right click ...properties...security tab...highlighted the users
    and check the ALLOW FULL CONTROL. I also did a right click on the excel form
    went to properties and check the Attributes the read-only is uncheck...I don't know where esle to check  :-\ ...any Ideas???

thank you all!!!

:)

kbm292

Intermediate

Re: Need help saving an excel spreadsheet.
      « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »
      Restart your computer to make the settings take effect.  If you need to save it as something so you don't have to do your work again then take the advice of the popup and use "save as" instead of "save".  Then reopen it and save it as the old name.  The restart should let any changes you made to the permissions take full effect.

Aprentice08

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:47:12 PM »
        Restart your computer to make the settings take effect.  If you need to save it as something so you don't have to do your work again then take the advice of the popup and use "save as" instead of "save".  Then reopen it and save it as the old name.  The restart should let any changes you made to the permissions take full effect.

I did restart the computer..same thing, nothing happends. Also we don't want take the advice of the popup because there are some forms that we need to put some info in there
        and then saved that new info in the same spreadsheet. Last week we didn't have this problem. My guess is that somebody changed the settings of that folder and now, I don't know how to changed that back, the way it was before!!  ???

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 03:18:53 PM »
        Take the popup advice...it will not change the document...just the name.
        After you have access you can copy to it and then rename it back to what you like.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Aprentice08

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 10:10:50 AM »
          Take the popup advice...it will not change the document...just the name.
          After you have access you can copy to it and then rename it back to what you like.

I did that Patio...thanks for your help!!!

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »
          You're more than Welcome...stop by anytime.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "