Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Favorites not showing up for 1 user account in Vista  (Read 4157 times)

rcm

Favorites not showing up for 1 user account in Vista
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:01:53 PM »
I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista (bought it a couple months ago).  It has IE 7 which seems to be doing strange things with the favorites.  Using my primary login account I cannot get Favorites to show up in IE.  If I login as Guest they are their and can be add/deleted, but not using my main login.  I have tried importing Favorites and IE says it all worked, but they still won't show up.  If I look in the file directory there is a Favorites folder under the user name and it has all the files I 'Added to Favorites', but if I am trying to organize or just see the Favorites using IE it is blank.  When organizing Favorites and clicking on New Folder nothing happens, no error message, no action, nothing.  I tried copying a bookmarks.htm and booksmarks.html file into my Documents and Favorities directory, but I'm not sure if that is needed (isn't that what Importing Favorites does?).

Am I missing something obvious?  Mozilla seems to work fine (I tried importing the bookmarks from there a few times, no luck), IE works fine as Guest, but not as other Users.

Please help
Rob