Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PXE Boot Failure on HP Pavilion 6563Z -- Help!!!  (Read 3763 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
PXE Boot Failure on HP Pavilion 6563Z -- Help!!!
« on: October 11, 2007, 05:34:13 PM »
Hey,

This one has me stumped. I am getting this error message at PXE Boot on this HP Pavilion 6563Z computer running a Celeron 500 Mhz CPU

PXE-E20: BIOS extended memory copy error

What I have found google searching is a reference to the error, and just that it shouldn't happen .... Nothing on if this happens try that etc. as copied below from a site.

BIOS and BIS Codes
PXE-E20: BIOS extended memory copy error.

This message is displayed if the BIOS extended memory copy service returns an error. This should not happen on a production BIOS.

Trying to RIS this system to Windows 2000 Pro and I have never had a problem like this before with PXE Boot. Usually the problem is setting teh boot order for Network prior to HD and then hitting F12 when DHCP and RIS service allows for PXE Boot. Swapped out NIC with another known good NIC, and also tried a different PCI slot and still same issue. This system is also so old that it doesnt have integrated network adapter. And I have PXE Booted systems like Pentium 1 MMX 200 Mhz boxes and had no problems with same adapter, so I know the adapter is not too new for the system.

Network Adapter used is the Intel Pro 100 + Management PCI NIC with the Intel 82559 MPU chipset.

System runs well on 256MB Ram with 13GB HD and Windows 2000 and Ram is matched pair of PC-100 128MB Sticks. Also it is running off of integrated AGP video, so no conflict between NIC and video.

Thanks for any insight to what may fix this... worst comes worst, I just have to install from OEM CD and install all software manually vs the easy predefined install of RIS image.