Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AOL Help  (Read 4715 times)

stolen_identity

AOL Help
« on: December 05, 2004, 12:57:52 PM »
I just recently downloaded AOL 9.0 Security Edition. While reading the FAQ and New Features, AOL was supposed to prompt a download for McAfee. Nothing happened.

Also, I want to run the Computer-Check Up, but it just takes me to a separate screen with a bunch of useless links. Thanks.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: AOL Help
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 01:09:58 PM »
    Never used AOL, but maybe you could try downloading McAfee yoursef?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 03:04:23 PM »
      stolen_identity......They don't call it AO *censored* for nothing ....Why on earth would you use their security system , when there are so many options out there that actually work .

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 05:25:54 PM »
      I recently downloaded AOL Security Edition, and I didn't get a McAfee pop-up box either. Personally, it really DOESN't make a difference. Do you have a current firewall already? Also, AOL's computer check-up really does not helpl at ALL. I wouldn't worry about it...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

tallyman

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 04:20:42 AM »
      Im not an AOL user but 've read in the press that they are including an option to download a full, free copy of McAfee with v9.0 so if you're paying the sub to AOL I'd suggest contacting them and asking where it is.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 04:27:43 PM »
      core blimey going from bad to worst.......aol+mcfee.......why not elect sadam hussain for the next us president......get the drift....