Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: --- bad internet, bad  (Read 5317 times)

Jonathon Bailey

--- bad internet, bad
« on: December 08, 2004, 05:49:14 PM »
Im having terrible trouble with my internet, especially with the holiday arriving. I try to connect to my email, especially MSN Explorer and MSN/Windows Messenger and it wont allow me to connect.  I also cannot enter any email, it says that the page cannot be found.  I also have trouble when going to a shopping website and trying to Check out my Cart, it also says page cannot be found.  I dont know what else to do, I've looked at all of my internet options and firewall settings and nothing looks right. please help. dont bother emailing, it wont work  
I run Microsoft Windows XP and I have a cable internet connection... my internet runs great except when I try to enter email, MSN Explorer, MSN/Windows Messenger, and any shopping cart locations to check stuff out.  

I run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy, Norton 2005 faithfully, and I also use the firewall from the Service Pack 2.    

If anybody has any suggestions please help  !

I do all of my emailing through hotmail/msn.  i mainly use msn explorer to do my browsing.  if you're not familiar with msn explorer you have to type a password in and your email and then it logs you into the browser, hotmail, messenger, and .net passport.  
of lately i have to use IE because none of my msn will work.  This seems to have all occured at the same time.  

Just a few moments ago I ran ad-aware, ran a spybot program, cleaned out cookies and temp files, and restored all of my defaults to my Internet Options...  and still I cannot connect

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: --- bad internet, bad
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 12:56:47 PM »
    Is there any reason why you've made the exact same post? There is no need.

Did you even try Firefox? I know you don't want to, but tough. We all have to do stuff we don't want to. And it might work, you never know.

Jonathon Bailey

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 05:22:32 PM »
    dont be a cocksucker, neil

im just trying to get some help here.

Jonathon Bailey

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 05:23:14 PM »
    ...c-o-c-k-sucker

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 07:07:50 PM »
      Jonathon Bailey......Just a couple of things......first .....you have already posted your issue in another place.......doing this is not going to get you the result you are looking for. Next ......unless I missed something ...you have been given a solution , which I suspect you have chosen not to use . Finaly .......Your last response to Neil is totally inappropriate on this forum.......I would suggest you nip it in the bud or you may find youself on the banned list.

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Jonathon Bailey

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 07:43:45 PM »
      I failed to recieve I correct respone to my problem, because the problem still persists.  I am new to the site and wasn't sure which forum to post my topic in, because it is both an IE and Windows problem, it seems.  Jumping my case for not knowing is unappropriate.  If a solution has been offered then I would like to know what it is.

If your solution was to go back to a system restore point, I dont feel that is necessary. I thought this forum would have different people on it, with different advice, other than from you-dl, and neil.  all you had to do, was not reply to my post, i was looking for more advice, not bad and ill-appropriated advice.  If you'll refer back to my posts on the Windows forum, then you will see I'm trying to figure out whats going on with my computer.  I came here to get help with my computer, not someone jumping my case for making similar posts in different forums.  Your help has been invaluable in helping me to try and solve the problem that plagues my internet, but a logical solution has not yet been reached.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 08:19:04 PM »
        Jonathon Bailey......I will not waste anymore of your time, but before I exit .....you came to this site looking for a solution or solutions to your issues......There was a few people attempting to help you ..myself included.....I offered a possible solution which by your own admission would work , but you chose not to take that route.....I can respect that.....But why would you direct juvinile comments such as you did towards fellow poster Neil .....that was uncalled for . I can also understand you not knowing where to post ...however your posts have been read. On some boards that I visit and participate on ...if a person posts in the wrong spot even if they are newbies , they get a stern warning .....this forum is not like that.....there are some extremely knowledgable posters here.

"I failed to recieve I correct respone to my problem, because the problem still persists."  
        Sometimes we get anwsers we dont want to hear......that doesnt mean they are wrong........If you use a computer , you well know there are often more than one way to acheive what is desired . I could have responded to you....Simple dude just format the sucker and alls well again ......but I didn't because I know the issues involved in locating the necessary disks etc......to reload all that was removed . The other thing is you could allways take your pc to a local shop and have the tech there sort it out for you.

Good luck with your problem

dl65  ::)
        « Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 08:20:18 PM by dl65 »
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »
        And the obvious has been missed...by jb the sp 2 firewall...go figure it...and name calling is counterproductive......and just shows immaterial tendences......or in east london terms<slagging the dipstick of>if you have a problem then just go with the flow...unless you deem ....no i dont want to try this ...the sp2 Firewall.......did you configure it......and to be a man ....say.....sorry pal...it was just stress that caused the remark........and lets get this pc do what it supposed to be doing.........
        « Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 12:22:15 PM by merlin_2 »