Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CAPS CRAZINESS  (Read 1940 times)

airframer85

CAPS CRAZINESS
« on: October 16, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »
To Whom may be able help,

Im in the navy stationed half way across the country from my mom who is the one haveing this problem and is what im going to do is copy paste her e-mail in here so you can see whats going on with her computer.

"SORRY TO BOTHER YOU>  BUT AS YOU CAN TELL MY COMPUTER IS WACO AGAIN>  I DID THE SWEEPER AND IVE DONE THE DEFRAGMENT>  AS YOU CAN SEE IM IN ALL CAPS AND CANT MAKE PUNCTUATION CORRECTLY>

EVERYTIME I PUSH ON A BUTTON< FOR EX COMPOSE BUTTON IT OPENS ANOTHER WINDOW AND ANOTHER WINDOW< AND ANOTHER WINDOW>

WHAT NOW>  ICANT KEEP OPENING WINDOWS>  I NEVER GET TO WHERE I NEED>  IM ABOUT TO THROW THE COMPUTER IN THE STREET> 

I ONLY NINE WEEK OF SCHOOL LEFT>  CANT TYPE NUMBERS EITHER BECAUSE IM IN ALL CAPS>  THIS IS THE WEIRDEST THING>

PLEASE HELP

MOM"

im not sure what compose button she is talking about but i know she uses a laptop.  compaq not sure the model.  she was here in august and was having lag and loading issues.  i unistalled half of her hardrive full of spyware and useless junk that would normaly lag any pc.  i bought spy sweeper full and installed it and showed her how to sweep for adware spyware and viruses and how to update it. and as far as i remember i had her pc in working order. i have never heard of a computer doing this unless the shift key is jammed but im not sure that would affect how many windows remain open.... anyways im going to give her the link to this thread.  any help on knowlege of what would cause this or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.  keep in mind the computer in question is full of her school files etc. i backed up her pc on to a blank dvd r but im sure her latest stuff hasnt been backed up.

thanks,
     Dustin

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: CAPS CRAZINESS
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 10:30:20 AM »
    You don't mention any antivirus software, only Spysweeper.  Have her boot into Safe Mode and run scans.  If she doesn't have any antivirus software download here:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download-free-anti-virus/us/frt/0

Then run full scans in safe mode.

Also might try a USB keyboard but do the other first.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: CAPS CRAZINESS
      « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »
      And make here check her shift keys... one of them might just be stuck.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)