Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CGI - Error, connection timeout error  (Read 6060 times)

adaptor

CGI - Error, connection timeout error
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »
I try to login to site www.letsvideochat.com and get this error message. CGI Error, connection timeout error, try later.

I was told that the problem is - when the site went down last time and I tried to login, it caused a cgi pearl error in my computer. And that the script on my computer tells the site bad info and therefore blocks me.

I was adviced to remove all my Java and get an updated version. I did this and still have the same problem. Before I removed Javas I didn't check which version I had. Is there a difference if I had reinstalled the same version I already had instead of the newest, recommended version?

I rebooted few times and cleared cache many times but nothing happened. I'd be grateful of any new ideas what I could do next!  :) ???

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: CGI - Error, connection timeout error
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
Typically a CGI error especially a timeout issue is caused by the website and not your computer, I'd assume their script is trying to process something and is not able to complete it.

Unfortunately I don't know how this service and website works and unless one of the Computer Hope members have used this service I think your only way of resolving this issue would be to deal with the letsvideochat.com support.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

adaptor

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:33:22 PM »
Ok, thanks! I'll try to contact the support. The website is working so I can login there with other computers but not with my own one.

adaptor

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:02:23 AM »
Phew! Problem solved. I got in yesterday, don't know how but I did send an error report to l.v.c.net and the same day after that I could chat there again. Could be a coincidence of course.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 05:19:04 PM »
Thanks for the follow up and it's good to hear that the issue was resolved.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein