Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: THE SIMS 2  (Read 10196 times)

daydreamer110761

Re: THE SIMS 2
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 02:10:50 PM »
i've had the problem with incompatibility with the direct x and the video.  got a new dell - with xp home (so yes, it can run).  sims 2 ran fine for about 3 days, i'm really into the game, then it starts crashing.  i meet the requirements, have reinstalled the game, but alas - it still crashes.  even tried to update drivers that didn't need updating.  any ideas guys?  i've tried everything tech support suggested.  since this computer is only a week old, i would hate to have to reload all the programs again, i tried system restore also, but that wouldn't go back to any old configuration.  since i'm not all that up to date with xp - this is all new to me.  thanx ahead of time!  :-/

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: THE SIMS 2
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 06:04:47 PM »
Ok people..... Windows XP Home IS compatible with the Sims 2. Also, Direct X can be found on the net.  If direct X can not be installed on your computer, then my guess is that your video card is not compatible with the game, or direct X. Contact EA tech. support. They know more than I.....  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]