Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asigning task to outlook from Excel  (Read 2787 times)

Olivarius

Asigning task to outlook from Excel
« on: October 26, 2007, 03:29:25 AM »
In my work we uses a Task and proejct list. I want to optimise this by adding a macro to do the following:

The new current task must be sent to the task folder in Outlook. the folder could belong to somebody else.
Use initials/e-mail adress for sending this task to this person.
use Due date to put up a reminder in the task.

Looking forward to hear from some body ;D

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Asigning task to outlook from Excel
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »
So, do you have this Task and proejct list in Excel?  What's the Excel connection here?  Your work place is on an Exchange server for Outlook, right?

Olivarius

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 02:37:09 AM »
Yes, the task list is in excel with a column for the activity owner, deadline etc. This I want to assign to the activity owner as a outlook task, and yes, we are working on an exchange server.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:42:30 AM »
Well, your question is beyond my scope of knowledge.  I use Outlook but not in an Exchange environment.  I use Excel and have created macros in it but have not created macros that work across MS Office applications, such as you're trying to do between Excel and Outlook. 

I believe macros can work across MS Office applications.  But, I also believe what you want to do will probably require some knowledge of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and how to use the Visual Basic Editor in MS Office to create a rather complex macro. 

I tried searching Google on Assigning task to outlook from Excel; I found numerous sources on using Excel for managing task assignments or using Outlook for it, but could not find references on integrating Excel and Outlook for this purpose.