Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Would like Website Design info  (Read 4311 times)

Smokie

Would like Website Design info
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:05:48 AM »
Hello,  I'm looking for someone whom would be interested in helping me design an online store website. I'm also on disability & not able to work. I'm looking for someone whom would be willing to design it in exchange for buying items at my cost.

Thank you,
Smokie

Corrosive

Re: Would like Website Design info
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 11:12:24 AM »
I can't undertake anything of this scale, simply due to the number of other commitments I have.

I must say though that this is probably not the best of places to be looking. You would be far better off looking for a site like www.freelancers.net

You are unlikely to get someone to work for you in kind, but I do know that there are designers out there that may do this 'on the cheap', so to speak. In particular, the kind of person you should be looking for is someone fresh out of a University/College web design course (or similar) who would be looking for a project to add to a portfolio (thereby enhancing their chances of more lucrative contracts later on).

Bear in mind that this is not be a one off payment we're talking about. Not only have you got the costs of stock to worry about, but you will also need to pay for the web space and the domain name. And the likelyhoods of them accepting your goods as a payment is nil at best.