Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer shutdown suddently  (Read 2739 times)

kuszmania9999

Topic Starter

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
computer shutdown suddently
« on: October 27, 2007, 11:48:31 PM »
ok, the tittle already shown my problem. this computer just clean up by myself, what i do is just clean the heatsink and apply new thermal heat compund, and i always do this and its part of my job.
direct to the point, i turn on the cpu and in random time it will shutdown,i already check the psu and try it with another psu giving me the same result.it just doing that random, like when i press the power button and not even 1second last long, sometimes 5 minutes,depend on my luck ::)
It could be loose cable, but even without touching or doing anything to the computer it still shutting down random.the fans is working.

oh, and i didn't try the computer before im cleaning it.That's make it a bit difficult.
any comment will be much appreciate.

Guilded_Fear

Beginner
  • Jackel, Jackel, Its a Jackel!!
    Re: computer shutdown suddently
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 12:07:55 AM »
    Okay first off lets get some bottom line specs from ya. Processor, psu wattage, any other component that would matter wit the issue.

kuszmania9999

Topic Starter

Adviser

• citizenship
    « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 01:15:32 AM »
    psu -450watt
    processor - intel pentium 4 2.6 Ghz
    windows xp (doest it make any sense)

i have 10 computers like this, all of it using the same hardware so i don't think its about unsuitable hardware or windows, what i think its a loose right now, but i can't find it.

tommy gusack

Intermediate
      « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:51:20 AM »
      could be loads of reason.
      Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.

kuszmania9999

Topic Starter

Adviser

• citizenship
      « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 02:02:57 AM »
      could be loads of reason.
      please post only helping info, i know lots of people hit post just for rank, well i don't do that.
      I just found the loose cable, it is the cable from the power socket to the psu,tq to all.