Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Server 2003 + IBM Server  (Read 6995 times)

friny

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Windows Server 2003 + IBM Server
    « on: November 06, 2007, 08:37:55 AM »
    Hi there, I have an issue with my IBM Server (System x3400). For some reason, it turns on the sleep mode, and I don't know how to restablish it to normal mode, because the power switch buttom looks like doesn't work in this mode. I'd tried to move with the keyboard and double click with the mouse and nothing. The only way to turn on again is using a several solution: "Disconnecting the power AC supply cable" and connecting again before 20 seconds. This is the only way that it works, but no other.

I think that this feature is not rigth, because everybody knows that the machines couldn't be disconnected like this.

Please help me with your excellents resources, thanks
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 08:50:36 AM by friny »

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Windows Server 2003 + IBM Server
      « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 05:40:10 PM »
      Have you checked your documentation / checked the BIOS settings / checked for IBM support ?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

friny

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:15:33 PM »
        Yes, I Have. But I think that the failure trouble it's centralized on the power buttom, because I have another machine that is equal to the issued server, and the sleep mode over when I press the power buttom, but not in this, and both have the same BIOS configuration and OS power Configuration too.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 08:17:26 AM »
          What are the power settings in the server software / is it set to "hibernate, if so, turn it off.

Alan <><  :D
          I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

friny

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 02:28:54 PM »
            The power settings configuration is defined by Always On. The Hibernation options is desactivated.