Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Vista and Active Directory  (Read 6971 times)

friny

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Windows Vista and Active Directory
    « on: November 12, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »
    Hello, I'm experimenting troubles with my desktop PC. I have a Domain defined in Active Directory (Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition R2 x64), but I don't found the way to link my Windows Vista (Business Edition) to the Active Directory.

Please Help  me

Anodoin

Intermediate

Re: Windows Vista and Active Directory
      « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 09:51:43 PM »
      Have you tried adding the computer to the domain via the Advanced System Properties box or have you played with the "Search Active Directory" tool on the Network window?

friny

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 06:40:18 AM »
        Yes I've, but I couldn't add the machine and user to Active Directory. I'd try creating the Computer in the Computers Group Folder in the AD, but I couldn't add the machine. Is it any policy bloking this action?? The Windows Vista firewall is deactivated.

friny

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 08:56:39 AM »
          Also, I have one computer wich is defined in Active Directory, but I don't know why I couldn't see the list of the Active Directory users else I only see the local machine users (It happens when I try to share any folder).

Please Help me!!!

Anodoin

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »
            hmm, I don't recall having too many problems when I joined my Vista machine to the server 2003 box.  I set up the computer, and I created an account on the 2003 box with permissions to add computers to the domain.  Jumped back onto the Vista box, went to add the computer to the domain, and it asked me for a login, and all was well after that.  You could dig through the security policies to see if there's anything preventing it, but I wouldn't know where to tell you to start with that.