Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop mouse ps/2 compatible drivers  (Read 5449 times)

XPhilerLiz

laptop mouse ps/2 compatible drivers
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:17:46 PM »
Hi there,
I got a new Logitech mouse for a toshiba laptop... using windows XP; SP2.  Model name Satellite A30, Part #:  PSA30C-00YS5.

It kept saying on startup that new hardware was detected and would give me an error message saying it wasn't installed properly...data error, cyclic redundancy check...(but the mouse still works).

I went under 'mouse' properties, uninstalled the drivers, restarted with the mouse back in the PS/2 port thinking it will re-install again...and it didn't, gave me the error message again. Now under mouse properties it doesn't even have ps/2 mouse listed.  It has 'unknown' (where PS/2 compatible used to be) and HID-compatible mouse listed.  So even the old mouse that I had that DID previously work on here does the same thing on startup.  I tried installing the intellipoint microsoft software, the logitech software off their website (for the new mouse), and both didn't work. 

It now gives me the error message everytime I start up the computer, even if I leave the mouse unplugged...the computer goes very slow, and it says it cannot install ps/2 compatible mouse.  Toshiba website didn't seem to have many drivers listed... Updating the drivers from the mouse properties/device manager doesn't work either.

I don't have the XP cd or anything with this laptop, is there anyway I can fix this?
Thanks a bunch...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:03:27 PM by XPhilerLiz »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: laptop mouse ps/2 compatible drivers
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:10:52 AM »
A CRC error means the DLoad is corrupt...try DLoading the Logitech drivers again and re-installing them.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "