Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Settings problem/conflicts/wi-fi help please...  (Read 4181 times)

neljan

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Settings problem/conflicts/wi-fi help please...
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:57:32 AM »
Hello

(Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm very tired so I apologise if this post is as knackered as I am...)

I've been having connection problems for over a year now, whereby I have to continuously switch off/on my wireless router every 5-10 mins - but I've learned to live with it. My ISP (Sky) aren't much help, the best they did was replace the router which made no difference. I'm using a netgear router & desktop with an intel pro/1000 adaptor & a laptop using a wireless connection. Whether I use just one or the other or at the same time makes no difference.

Anyway, recently my son wanted to play his Nintendo DS on line which uses a wi-fi connection. It was quite easy to setup, I just had to change the routers security settings from WPA to WEP & then change the laptop's settings accordingly.

To my surprise, I have noticed that I am able to continuously play the Nintendo DS on line virtually uninterrupted, which has me suspecting that it may be my settings with regards to my other connections.

So, is anyone able to tell me if the DS connection is a veasable way to verify that my connection is not the problem, or is the DS wi-fi connection just a completely different ball game? if the DS IS a way to prove that the connection is fine, is there anyone kind enough who can help me with regards to sorting out my settings for my other connections?

My friends, I see a tiny twinkle at the end of my year long on/off connection problems tunnel... please show me the light!?