Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: have xp want to put 98 with it please help  (Read 5647 times)

micheal quinealty

have xp want to put 98 with it please help
« on: December 21, 2004, 09:27:59 PM »
can you instruct me on how to add 98 to my operating system i already have xp pro, my camera won't work with xp but it will work with 98.just to let you know i am not  computer literate at all

Zzyzx

Re: have xp want to put 98 with it please help
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 07:06:59 AM »
Before undertaking the complex project of building a dual boot machine, I would go to the camera manufacturer 's website and see if you can find a XP driver for your camera.

If this fails, you would have to build a dual boot machine. Since Win98 and XP cannot coexist in the same partition, you will have to allocate and format an additional primary partition where you will install Win98. (Win98 will not load from a logical partition).

Attention to detail is a must. If you are unfamilar with computers, I would suggest finding someone who can help you.

PS. BACKUP your XP system before starting to play around with the system partitions. A third party Partition Manager  (I like PartitionMagic myself...powerquest.com) would be helpful so you can move your partitions around without destroying any of your data.

Good Luck!

Computer_Commando

Re: have xp want to put 98 with it please help
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 12:59:37 PM »
Your best solution is this (click here).

merlin_2