Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Modem difficulties  (Read 6748 times)

Brett Bailey

Modem difficulties
« on: March 16, 2004, 11:54:21 PM »
Any help would be most appreciated. I have just recently upgraded to Windows XP. having done so i had difficulties with my modem. It is an aztech mdp... the company does not have a windows XP version of the driver instead they recommended using a generic modem driver. I got the driver but i can't seem to install it i tried putting it on a floppy and it didn't work.

Another problem was that the modem keeps controlling the phone line after i disconnect, i think the new drivers should fix this but i don't know yet.

Thanks for your time

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Modem difficulties
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 03:36:09 PM »
Brett,

If the modem is not supported in Microsoft Windows XP, although generic modem drivers may allow the modem to work it is likely that you are still going to run into issues. With the prices of modem's today ($10.00 - $20.00 US) we would highly recommend you purchase a new modem as it will be compatible with Windows XP and most likely in the long run save you time.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein