Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lag spikes in vista during games  (Read 3502 times)

Pogi

Topic Starter

Rookie

lag spikes in vista during games
    « on: December 02, 2007, 11:21:13 PM »
    im having severe lag spikes while i play online games. however, i do recall having this same problem in xp a while back. when i ran xp, i had to disable the microsoft program that was finding networks, the wireless connection zero program (or something like that). my spikes occur about every 60 seconds to 90 seconds. i now run vista 32bit home prem and dont know how to fix this since vista does not use it.

i did google the problem and came to this: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-networking-sharing/72358-vista-wireless-network-lag-spikes-2.html

however, i did not understand the last post where they found the solution since i have different hardware. i am using the linksys wrt54gs v2 and the wusb54g v2. the adapter (wusb54g) has worked for many years until now, so im pretty sure its a vista problem. my internet totally fine except when i play games, and thats really annoying.... i called up linksys and they told me to change my mtu size to 1400, however, it only worked for a few hours then i started lagging again....

plz help!