Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB Wireless Broadband Modem  (Read 3417 times)

AllorNone

USB Wireless Broadband Modem
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »
I connect to the internet on my desktop through my Verizon Novatel 720 USB Wireless Broadband Modem. It works just like a dial up modem except at broadband like speed. The drivers for the modem appear in device manager under the modem category (Novatel Wireless Expedite EV-DO Modem). I can connect to the internet through the VZAccess manager software that came with the 720 USB modem or I can set it up to connect as a regular Dial up connection. I would like to share this connection with the other computer on my home network. For my home network I use the Trendnet 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Firewall Router (TEW-432BRP) and some of my computer are connected wired and wirelessly. I can share files with other computer on my home network but how can I share my USB broadband connection?

Home network set up

•   Desktop running Windows Vista Home premium, internet connection through 720 USB modem, Network (LAN) wired to the Trendnet Wireless Router.

•   Laptop running Windows Vista Home premium, Network (LAN) wirelessly connected to the Trendnet Wireless Router.

•   Desktop running Windows XP Pro, Network (LAN) wired to the Trendnet Wireless Router.