Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compaq hard drive nightmare  (Read 1983 times)

liamkincaid25

Compaq hard drive nightmare
« on: December 07, 2007, 09:38:42 AM »
I have an armada 4120 with 1bg hd. I want to change the hard drive for one bigger of 20gb. I installed the new drive and ran the setup from the original recovery discs.At first the drive which was sold to me "G-FORMATTED" ran the setup almost all the way.But when it asked me for the key of win95 which I did not have at the moment I just turn the pc off. When I found the key I tried to continue the set up but the pc either says "missing operating system" or "non system disk remove it and place system disc".There is no way the laptop "sees" the hd now. I removed it and formated in anothe desktop pc using fdisk but to no use the laptop does not recognizes it. I tried to run the setup from the desktop and then placing the hard disk on the laptop but it does not work. There is no way to get into the bios. If I put an emergency boot disk on the floppy the laptop says  "non system disc" Can you recommend any further action? Thank you