Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: --request "How To Download" puppy LINUX tutorial--  (Read 8649 times)

mohkiller

Topic Starter

Beginner

--request "How To Download" puppy LINUX tutorial--
    « on: December 09, 2007, 06:05:20 AM »
    can someone please give me a FULLY tutorial how to download puppy linux?

[edited by Calum to remove image and scrolling text, it stretched the page and made the post hard to read]
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:34:53 AM by Calum »
    who ho controls the past,
    controls the future

who controls the future,
    doesn't need the past

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert

liambiscuit

Hopeful

Re: --request "How To Download" puppy LINUX tutorial--
      « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:21:20 PM »
      ok first you download the .iso file from the puppy linux website. get this program http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/

once you have the program installed and the .iso get a burnable disk and burn, NOT THE FILE, but make sure your putting whats in the file on the disk. kinda like unpacking a .zip folder. (this really doesnt belong but a .iso is a compressed copy of a disk. it can be decompressed using a program like winace. if you burn the disk correctly you decompress the file in the process, and hopefully make it bootable). simply put in the disk, turn off your pc, then turn your pc back on. if it doesnt load puppy linux you did it wrong.

this also probably doesnt fit but...

if you have an OLD pc and dont have a CD drive you can create a bootable floppy that will start the install process from your desktop, but i dont know how... ive just heard it can be done.
      " When the rich wage war its the Poor who die "
              Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

You cannot buy your friends but you can buy them pizza - AzureBlade49

LuckyMax

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 03:14:24 PM »
      I have a better idea: instead of downloading anything, go to edmundsenterprises.com and buy a Puppy cd for 99c. I did and I'm using it to make this post.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
      I have an even better idea.... check the post date on a thread before replying. Maybe the topic is already dead and the op is long gone. ;) :P