Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I Doubt This Website Can Help Me  (Read 2196 times)

shadowhalo3

I Doubt This Website Can Help Me
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »
I'll make it simple. My Monitor's LED turns on (green light),however nothing displays. Prior to this when it did come on both the top edge of the screen and a wide range of the bottom of the screen was covered in black this required to lean my monitor downward in order for my display to show properly. A few reps doing this the screen no longer turned on, which after a while it usually does. Whats Wrong?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: I Doubt This Website Can Help Me
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »
Try the monitor on a known working machine...if it does the same thing chances are it's the monitor going bad.
If it acts normally then chances are it's your vid card....
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

shadowhalo3

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:59:01 PM »
okay, but how does this occur in the first place out of nowhere? and does this mean i need to purchase an entirely new vid card. Mind You, This happened before, however, a day's rest restored my monitor. Could This happen again, or was it coincidental?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 05:43:05 AM »
Anything Electronic has a mind of it's own...
Coincidence ? ?  Maybe.

Follow the steps so we can find out which it is first...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »
errr, "out of nowhere"? I thought you said that you needed to tilt the monitor forward just to get the proper picture? I'm pretty sure that isn't normal behaviour.

I had a similiar problem with a monitor I had. the magnets where all screwy, so the entire picture was condensed into a single picture in the middle of the monitor. a very bright picture. I could smack it, and every smack would make the picture get a little bigger and then it would shrink again. I'd have to smak it over and over again until i "inflated" the picture back to fill the screen. Then it would be good for a while.

Short story on that, It didn't end up dying completely, but rather, I got so frustrated and smacked it so hard I caused it to snap off it's swivel base and shoot sparks. woops.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.