Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Age of Empires (Rise of Rome) on WAN: Limited Success  (Read 3064 times)

KristopherWindsor

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • FreeBasic Genius
    Age of Empires (Rise of Rome) on WAN: Limited Success
    « on: December 16, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »
    I have five computers on a 802.11g network. (Actually, they can't be on all at once, since I only have a few WIFI adapters.)

A certain three of them can play Age of Empires together, and the other two can play together, but I cannot get any computers in the group of three to play with either computer in the group of two. When I click "Show Games" under the TCP/IP multiplayer option, I can see all the games hosted on the other computers, but can only join if the game is in the same "group" (either the group of two or group of three).

I switched the WIFI adapters around a bit, so the problem seems to be the actual computers, not the WIFI adapters / MAC addresses.

The computers are:
    XP desktop, XP laptop, Windows 2000 desktop (these three can play together)
    Windows 2000 laptop, another Windows 2000 laptop (these two can play together)

The XP computers are up to date, but the Windows 2000 computers to not have any service packs.

How can I get all of these computers to play together? I will buy another WIFI adapter when I solve this. :D

FWIW, some computers run Apache, but this doesn't seem to matter. Also, I haven't had any big problems with networking in Windows (Ie "Explorer \\laptop" at the Command Prompt typically works).

Thanks. ;)
    Kristopher Windsor (Google me!)