Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc wont start  (Read 2026 times)

dom one

pc wont start
« on: January 04, 2008, 08:11:46 AM »
our electricity went off whilst the pc was running and now it gets to the safe mode screen and no matter what option we select it still wont start.i've tried to use a recovery disc for xp but to no effect. i am stuck so any help given would be grateful

daniel1212

Beginner

Re: pc wont start
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »
    Do you mean that you cannot even reinstall? Please describe what happens when you try recovery mode.
    Grace and peace through Jesus

dom one

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 01:08:29 PM »
    i start the pc and it goes straight to the safe mode screen where you get different options on how you would like to start , i tried each option ie start windows normally or start windows in safe mode . and the pc goes to the windows log screen as if its going to start but then it goes back to the safe screen. ive put an xp recovery disc in and asked it to boot from cd but it just does the same thing and goes back to the safe screen

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
    Remove the CD, re-boot and choose the first option which is strictly safe mode...give it time and let it run til it loads...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "