Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox Environment Backup Extension  (Read 11180 times)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Firefox Environment Backup Extension
« on: January 02, 2008, 04:15:43 PM »
I just used it, and it works very nicely. It's Firefox add-on, not like standalone Mozbackup, and it doesn't support Thunderbird, but regarding Firefox, it has much more options, including scheduled backup. You don't even have to close Firefox, like with Mozbackup.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,68994-order,1-page,1/description.html?tk=nl_ddxdwn

Backup or move all of your Firefox settings with this invaluable little utility!

These days, many of us have built a small world into our browser--a world of bookmarks, visited links, stored passwords, and form data. Losing that can be catastrophic, and moving it can be nightmarish. The Firefox Environment Backup Extension, or FEBE, promises to eliminate that nightmare.

FEBE is trivial to install, and, once in place, needs only a save directory specified before it can do its work. Incredibly rich in options for such a seemingly simple program, it allows the user to do everything from setting scheduled backups to creating custom backup configurations.

The program works, it is nonintrusive, and it performs a very useful function with very little hassle. Anyone who uses Firefox for anything but the most casual of browsing would do well with this program.

Note: This link takes you to the vendor's site, where you can automatically install the file into your browser.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Firefox Environment Backup Extension
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
Requires javascript to be on to DLoad... ::)

I'll pass for now.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:14:07 PM »
    Get it from the official addon site instead if you're worried about turning on Javascript.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109

Its companion extension CLEO is brilliant as well.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2942
    It allows you to to pack several extensions into one xpi. So when someone wants all or some of your extensions you can just give them one file ready for installation.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »
    Well, one main thing I like about it, I don't have to remember to run Mozbackup, once in a while. Now, I have a backup daily.