Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MULTIBOOT WIN XP  (Read 2167 times)

dhinds

Topic Starter

Beginner

• My Katrina Hat
    MULTIBOOT WIN XP
    « on: December 27, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »
    I have two hdds on my Dell Dimension 4600 computer. The new one is 300GB with 4 partitions. I am constantly concerned about the C drive going out because, like me, it isn't getting any younger. I had the idea of putting another copy of Windows XP or perhaps Vista on the larger hard drive and then booting to it in case something happened to my older drive and keeping duel file copies on both drives. It would be like having two computers with the same files. My computer is working great since I installed a gig of ram so I am hesitant to putz around with it. What is your recommendation for a backup system that doesn't stop dead in the water if your OS drive goes out. I have tried making a bootable CD but can't for some reason so that is out. Am I nuts for having the duel OS drives or is this something to consider. Also, Can I use the same Win XP on both drives since they are on the same computer without copyright problems. Thanks folks for the help
    Memories fade with time, replenish them with new experiences.