Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I cannot turn my computer on  (Read 2399 times)

theiceman531983

I cannot turn my computer on
« on: January 03, 2008, 09:55:28 PM »
Hello! Belated happy new year to all. I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a desktop  computer and I cannot turn it on. What happens is that when I switch it on, the keyboard and monitor does have  power, the same with the mouse. But the problem is that the monitor is blank. I have checked he video card with other units and it's fine. The same with my optical drive and harddisk.  Can you please help me figure out the problem? Thanks!

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: I cannot turn my computer on
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 09:57:49 PM »
you should try checking the monitor

theiceman531983

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:10:41 PM »
thanks for the reply! what happens is that the monitor has power. but the problem is that the led in the monitor is red and does not turn to green. so it does have power.

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 10:21:17 PM »
have you try the desktop with other computer?you only mention trying the graphic card, hdd, & optical drive.
What i want try to tell, before this i have an old computer just die it's motherboard, the power still on, just like yours..so its worth to try the computer with different monitor

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 03:09:11 AM »
    Try useing a differnt monitor, sounds like the one that your useing is dead.  Try connecting another pc to it but if it was working you should have a green led.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres