Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Something is wrong with my computer but I have no idea what please help.  (Read 3136 times)

Lukas

Currently I have: AMD Sempron 2660+
                            Nvidia GeForce 7300
                            1.5 GB of Ram
                            Windows XP home edition service pack 2

So here's my problem: I've played several games on my computer, Rome Total War, WoW, Medieval 2 Total War, Command and Conquer Zero Hour and Warcraft 3... All these games randomly freeze on my computer. THe problem is my computer SHOULD be albe to handle these games, WoW was running at 61 fps and all of a sudden, without warning, without lag the computer froze.

I have no idea whats causing this and even less on how to fix it, if you could give me some advice It would be greatly appreciated.

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Something is wrong with my computer but I have no idea what please help.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:34:18 PM »
the computer only hang during games?if it's still under warranty better be quick, it probably having issues.
Or maybe overheated?did the fan spin?try cleaning your pc.

ultimatum

Intermediate
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »
    Try updating video drivers and as mentioned by kuszmania try checking overall tempreture and may be video card specifically to see if it overheats, because this could be your problem.
    Its not what you know, its what you can do that counts!

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:05:43 AM »
      Does it lock up when you do anything else?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres