Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error message  (Read 2922 times)

yatabata

error message
« on: January 03, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »
i have heward packard windows xp and when i go to start and try to open 'my documents' or 'my pictures', etc it doesn't open and it has this error message. 'Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' what's wrong?
thanks

Delboy

Re: error message
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 02:56:32 AM »
We are sorry for the inconvenience

Doesn't sound like an MS error message to me. I would do a full virus and spyware scan.

Derek.

Delboy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 03:26:43 AM »
Ok, this could be caused by spyware, low memory, conflicts with legitimate software etc. Run a virus and spyware scan. Do you have XPSP2 installed? If not XP SP2 may help.

Derek.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 01:28:50 PM »
Also, try going to the Microsoft website... ( http://www.microsoft.com ) You might be able to get an update for your problem there...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 02:04:45 PM »
    yatabata......Is this the same HP pc that you are having all the trouble with that you have posted on another thread.......... Sometimes when you post all over the place you simply confuse people .....

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

yatabata

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 04:11:28 PM »
    no my daughter posted this one. We are getting a bunch of error messages and we have all the anti everything on this computer. I know about confusion but thats why we started a differnt topic also.