Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Itunes Store Problem  (Read 7089 times)

beltrunner

Itunes Store Problem
« on: January 05, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »
I have a year 2003 IMac running 10.2.8 and iTunes 3.0.1. I've lost the ability to go to the iTunes Store and search for, or purchase songs. When I go to the iTunes store and click on "Buy Music Now" a window pops up stating "Alert: Fire Fox Doesn't Know How To Open This Address, Because The protocol (ITMS) Isn't Associated With Any Program." When I am in the Safari Browser and then go to the iTunes store and click on buy Music Now" an icon comes onto the desktop labled "BrowserRedirect"...clicking on the icon only duplicates the icon. This is a recent problem that seems to have arisen after a power failure which temporarily froze the Mac. How can I get back the ability to browse for, and purchase music in iTunes? Thanks for any help.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Itunes Store Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »
You might consider reinstalling iTunes, as well as Safari, and FireFox... (Try iTunes first, do the other two if the problem continues)
It seems that your Macintosh has failed to keep the list of program associations with your system, and thus, no longer knows which program should manage the iTunes store...