Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Regional and language options  (Read 6955 times)

watter

Regional and language options
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »
When i try to open it up, nothing happens. I also haev installed AppLocale. I need this for a game i got from japan. Pleaseeee help =D

(all other icons work in control panel, just not that one  :o)

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: Regional and language options
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
    What version of Windows is this?
    What is AppLocale?
    Do the game really need different regional settings in order to install/run?
    What exactly happens when you try to access Regional options? Does it simply not respond to your clicks, do you get a blank window, etc.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:56:27 PM »
    AppLocale
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
    Need to run legacy (code-page based) applications on your Windows XP or Server 2003, but don't want to change the system locale? Here's a new utility that saves you a reboot: introducing the Microsoft AppLocale utility!

The Microsoft AppLocale (or Application Locale) utility is a temporary solution to these limitations caused by non-Unicode applications running on the Unicode (UTF-16) based Windows XP. AppLocale detects the language of the legacy application and simulates a corresponding system locale for code-page to/from Unicode conversions.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:13:11 PM »
    Uninstall AppLocale, reboot, and try opening Language and Regional Options again.

I'll check on this later when I get back to my shop. One of my systems there is running AppLocale for some Thai and Japanese programs I have.