Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange mouse and keyboard behavior  (Read 2130 times)

tgyamibakura

Strange mouse and keyboard behavior
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »
I'm running a brand new Dell Inspiron with Windows XP SP2. It all works like it's supposed to, but some of the games I play don't agree with it.

My keyboard does the evil thing where I can press no more than 2 keys at once. I need to press 3-4 keys at once while playing Stepmania at times, making it virtually impossible to score well. Also it makes it impossible to use cheats in The Sims 2, seeing as to open the cheat box you need CTRL+SHIFT+C. Is there any way possible to get rid of that 2 key limit?

Also, the bigger issue is the mouse. Using the touch pad or an external mouse (Logitech LX7 cordless optical w/USB), any dialog boxes or command prompts i use in the Sims will not stay open...which is sort of necessary to play the game. O_O This also happens when I'm using Microsoft Word (2007). Whenever i use spell check, i have to literally FIGHT it in order to change a word using the option or add something to the dictionary...which i need desperately! Please tell me if there's any ways to fix this! I've had these problems ever since i got this. :-X