Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no fix for warning pop up "connection is not secure"  (Read 3714 times)

TranslationHelp

no fix for warning pop up "connection is not secure"
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:36:48 PM »
Using IE on my win2K machine with IE 6 I am constantly getting the pop up warning message "you are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure..." I have unchecked the box in "Internet Options/Advanced/Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode". I have searched on the net and found references to this problem for Windows XP but the registry fix that is listed on the Microsoft pages does not mention Win 2000 at all. Win 2000 and XP are similar so I tried the reg fix but that did not work. I have since removed the registry entires I created for that fix but I am still stuck with this annoying pop up every time I check my mail for every account on Google.

All three machines have MS Office XP installed so I wonder if this is the cause. I have no reason to wonder this except that the fix suggested by MS is for Win XP only. Am I the only one in the world with Win XP installed on a Win2k machine?

This problem exists on all three of my machines with Win2k and it has existed for a long long time. I gave up trying to stop this and went to FireFox but would still like to use IE for certain things. Can anyone help?