Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot access sites like yahoo mail hotmail, bank sites though home page appear  (Read 12225 times)

jimdoc

I have problem accesing certain sites. I can get home page of yahoo, hotmail certain bank sites like axisbank, icicibank. when i click on log in the error appears saying web page not found blah blah blah this happens with all browsers like IE, Mozilla, opera and netscape. I have windows XP prof, AVG antivirus, I use ADSL connection through network in office. This problem does not happen with other computers in the network.  But sum times i dont know how the yahoo mail comes and i can aCCESS. this happens suddenly after trying for thousands of time.
Please sum one help. I tried disabbling firewall, remove change antivirus. but still problem persist please please sum one help

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Your work network is probably limiting certain access...have you asked them ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jimdoc

Network seems to be fine. I can access yahoo mail at times after trying many times i dont know how. other comps in the network are working fine

AlK

Similar problem here!!!

I have been a member of the following website,

"carsondodge.com/Forums/index.php",

for quite some time and never had a problem accessing this site in the past, but for about the last month or so I have not been able to access this site from my computer and I get the following message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Yet if I go to someone elses computer there is no problem accessing this site.

What gives?

Help?

I am not very computer savy, so try keep it simple.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
.have you asked them ? ?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
Similar problem here!!!

I have been a member of the following website,

"carsondodge.com/Forums/index.php",

for quite some time and never had a problem accessing this site in the past, but for about the last month or so I have not been able to access this site from my computer and I get the following message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Yet if I go to someone elses computer there is no problem accessing this site.

What gives?

Help?

I am not very computer savy, so try keep it simple.

Alk Welcome Aboard...it's best to start a new Topic so it can recieve the proper attention even though the symptoms may be similar...the New Topic is on the upper right of the Forum page.

jimdoc

I asked administrator they have not blocked anything. its my PCs problem. You have anyother solution ??

elxr06

Try this:

1. if you use IE7... then try resetting the browser. Go to tools, then internet options, then advanced, then click reset. But all settings revert back to default microsoft default settings so you lose homepage settings, bookmarks/favorites, etc. So save before you do it.

2. If you use firefox, try creating new profile. see: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile for instructions. You don't lose your own settings, preferences, or boomarks/favorites as long as you don't delete existing profile. But new profile will be at firefox's factory default.

3. Maybe double check your computer by scanning with antivirus and/or spyware/malware scanner to be sure computer is clean. Infected computer may cause problems for you when using the internet.

Good Luck and keep us updated with what goes on.

jimdoc

THanks for your interest in my problem. I have checked with antivirus and anti spy. I tried profile with firfox. but no help .the following thing comes up
he connection has timed out

The server at www.google.com is taking too long to respond.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

THIS happened when i tried orkut same thing happens with other sites i mentioned my first mail

New help please

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Let's see, if your computer is clean...

1. Run free ESET Online Scanner at: http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/
Note: This Scanner is for Internet Explorer Only
   1.  You will notice that the "Start" button is grayed out. Place a check mark at "Yes, I accept the Terms of use". The "Start" button will become visible. Click on it.
   2. If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
   3. You will be asked to install an ActiveX, click the "Install" button (Note: If you have a Firewall install you may have to approve the installation)
   4. Once ActiveX control is installed click on the "Start" button to initialize the scanner
   5. After initialization is complete uncheck\untick "Remove found threats"
   6. Check\tick "Scan unwanted applications"
   7. Click the "Scan" button
   8. Once the scan is done, you will find a log in C:\Program Files\esetonlinescanner\log.txt
Post ESET's log.

2. Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users:
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Print these instructions out.

* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
    * An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
    * If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here: http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html.)
    * Close SUPERAntiSpyware.

Restart computer in Safe Mode.
To enter Safe Mode, restart computer, and keep tapping F8 key, until menu appears; pick Safe Mode; you'll see "Safe Mode" in all four corners of your screen

* Open SUPERAntiSpyware.
    * Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
    * Click the Scanning Control tab.
    * Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
          o Close browsers before scanning.
          o Scan for tracking cookies.
          o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
    * Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
    * Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
    * On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
    * On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
    * Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
    * After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
    * Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
    * A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
    * If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
    * To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
          o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
          o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
          o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
          o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new HijackThis log.
    * Click Close to exit the program.
Post SUPERAntiSpyware log.

3. Download HijackThis:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hijackthis.html
Post HijackThis log.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
This sounds more like a connection issue than anything.

jimdoc

Hey broni I tried this. Similar solution was suggested to other. Nothing work

Patio what is the solution ??????

jimdoc

Hey guys hurray. My problem solved. visit http://www.5starsupport.com

it has all the solution. there was some registry problem it directed me to download and problem solved

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
What was the problem/solution ? ?

citylightxx

I have the same problem you had, but I cant find any answers on 5starsupport.com
where did go once on the site??