Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I Explorer  (Read 3807 times)

icelady27

I Explorer
« on: January 28, 2008, 04:28:32 AM »
HELP!!!!!dont know why but, whenever I try to go to game sites (yahoo,pogo,etc) I get...."program has performed an illegal operation & will shut down", then I hit details....then it states..."IExplorer caused an invalid page fault in module VBSCRIPT.dll@0167:6b626baa"... what the heck is all this??? PLS. HELP!!!! I can get my yahoo mail & some other things online but this illegal operation stuff is really bugging me...can anyone help me??? thx... icelady27

Eg0Death

Apprentice

Re: I Explorer
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:27:46 AM »
    Does the Windows Event Viewer show any relevant information? 
    To get to the Event Viewer: Right click My Computer -> select "Manage" -> Event Viewer -> Look in here for Internet Explorer errors.
    Why is this thus?  What is the reason for this thusness?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:51:22 AM »
    And what flavor of Windows and version of IE are you running ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
    You may need to download, and install fresh copy of Visual Basic:
    HERE

icelady27

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 03:54:56 AM »
    Does the Windows Event Viewer show any relevant information? 
    To get to the Event Viewer: Right click My Computer -> select "Manage" -> Event Viewer -> Look in here for Internet Explorer errors.

thx.... i'll try & see whats up with that. but what do i do after/with it all when i get there?? like now b4 i got here...the explorer message kept popping up constantly then finally it quick...mmmmmm... my puter must be haunted huh??  thx again, i'll get back with u soon.....
    thx.."icelady"

icelady27

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:42:59 AM »
    egodeath.... tried what u said.... i dont have "manage" or "event viewer" anywhere... i searched & searched....where else can i find out about IE errors???im really gettin; ticked off!!!!!!lololol thx for ur help...
    icelady.... i'll be waiting for ur reply.... thx again

icelady27

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »
    patio..... windows 98 & IE6.... its really getting bad now... anyone pls. help!!!!!!!!
    thx...... icelady27

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 06:03:45 AM »
      Oh dear, another instance of Windows 98.   :o  I don't have 98 installed anywhere right now, and I can't remember if it has anything that is similar in function to Event Viewer.  (You didn't include your operating system in the original post, so I was working under the ASSumption of Windows 2000 or XP.)  I won't be able to access a working installation of 98 anytime soon.  I hope someone with relevant knowledge can assist you.  Sorry.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »
      Repair Internet Explorer in Windows 98
      To repair IE in Windows 98 systems, go to Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, then System Information.  Click Tools, then Internet Explorer Repair Tool.

You may find that updrading IE will also fix the problems you're having.  The most recent version of IE is Internet Explorer 7.  You can download IE7 from here.

NOTE: You will need your Win98 CD...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Eg0Death

Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 07:32:11 PM »
        IE7 requires Windows XP or 2003, so with Win98 you'll have to settle for IE6.  You can find it at Oldversion.com if need be.