Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to scan with ESET NOD32 to obtain log..problem  (Read 10439 times)

goldstar10

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Trying to scan with ESET NOD32 to obtain log..problem
    « Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 12:52:01 PM »
     ;D  Thanks...so much...no more hijackings ;D

But, my computer is still running sooooooo slooooooow.  Do you think something is still trying to bog it down?  I am also wondering if I have too many antispyware programs.   Maybe could reduce performance?  I have spy sweeper and superantispyware and adware.
    Maybe a little overkill?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
    What are your computer specs? Processor speed, amount of RAM, hard drive size, and its free space?

goldstar10

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »
      Does this help? :)

OS Name   Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
      Version   5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
      OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
      System Name   YOUR-4105E587B6
      System Manufacturer   Hewlett-Packard
      System Model   Presario R3000 (PL986UA#ABA)
      System Type   X86-based PC
      Processor   x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
      Processor   x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
      BIOS Version/Date   Hewlett-Packard F.40, 10/26/2004
      SMBIOS Version   2.31
      Windows Directory   C:\WINDOWS
      System Directory   C:\WINDOWS\system32
      Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume1
      Locale   United States
      Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"

Time Zone   Eastern Standard Time
      Total Physical Memory   512.00 MB
      Available Physical Memory   106.45 MB
      Total Virtual Memory   2.00 GB
      Available Virtual Memory   1.96 GB
      Page File Space   923.44 MB
      Page File   C:\pagefile.sys

Other info found:

Intel Pentium 4 processor
       3.0GHz

60GB hard drive
      512 MB DDR memory
      384MB of ram

I just defragmented c: drive....the report states:

55.8GB Capacity
      38.54GB Free Space
      %of free space = 68%

Hope this helps!!

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 11:21:25 PM »
      Your computer specs look OK. Adding another 512MB of RAM may help, and it's pretty cheap solution.

I have spy sweeper and superantispyware and adware.
      This is no problem, because only Spy Sweeper runs in real time.

When was your last defrag?

goldstar10

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 12:03:01 AM »
        I defraged last night.  But, an odd thing happens when I defrag in normal mode.......my computer completely shuts down and turns of when defrag has been running for about 5 minutes :o  It has never done that before.  It started when the adware/trojans appeared.

I was surprised that when I did the defrag last night (since no further attacks)  that the same thing happened.  So I had to defrag in safe mode..........hmmmm not sure what is up with that. :(

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 10:41:09 AM »
        Defragging in Safe Mode is fine. How fragmented your hard drive was?

Let's try couple of other tools, just to be on a safe side...

*** Download SDFix (http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/removaltools/sdfix.exe) and save it to your Desktop.

* Run the SDFix.exe by double clicking on it.
            * Allow it to install into the default location which is c:\SDFix
            * Now please reboot your computer into Safe Mode:
           # After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
           # Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
           # Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
            * When you have booted into safe mode, open the C:\SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
            * Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
            * It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry entries found and then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
            * Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
            * When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
            * Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
            * Attach the Report.txt file to your next message.

*** Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html)  to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
            * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
            * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
            * Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
            * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
            * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
            * When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
            * Post that log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
        C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
        Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

goldstar10

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 10:01:33 PM »
          Sorry for such a delay in reply and update!!!!!!

I have tried several times to go through the steps with SDFix but, it has not worked for me as indicated in your instructions.

I downloaded from the link provided and rebooted into safe mode.  It runs just fine.  I get it to check 100% of the files but, it never prompts me to reboot to normal mode ???

I tried it at least three times and the log file always says this:

catchme 0.3.1344 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
          Rootkit scan 2008-02-07 22:52:05
          Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden files ...

IPC error: 2 The system cannot find the file specified.
          scan completed successfully
          hidden files: 0

Was this suppose to be the log that I was looking for?

Sorry if I did not follow instructions........

But, I have gone ahead and run a full system scan with Malwarebytes anti-malware.  This scan is in progress now.  I will post the log when it is finished.

One other question :)

Where is the best place to obtain more memory?   I have never added memory to my computers before........ :-[     I think you made a good suggestion that this would be a good way to go.  Just not sure of the process.

BTW>>>>>>Have I said THANK YOU...THANK YOU ...THANK YOU

I HAVE NOT HAD ANY MORE ATTACKS!!!!   There are no words to express how wonderful you and this forum are!!!!!!!!   Computer Hope is a perfect name for this wonderful place.    Seeing as I felt totally hopeless when I came here..............AWESOME!!!!!

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 10:06:21 PM »
          You're welcome 8)

This scan is in progress now.
          Let's wait, then.

As for RAM: www.crucial.com, or www.newegg.com

goldstar10

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 09:10:20 AM »
            Here is my malwarebyte log....finally :-[  :

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.02
            Database version: 326

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
            Objects scanned: 291060
            Time elapsed: 5 hour(s), 50 minute(s), 19 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
            Memory Modules Infected: 0
            Registry Keys Infected: 8
            Registry Values Infected: 0
            Registry Data Items Infected: 0
            Folders Infected: 9
            Files Infected: 20

Memory Processes Infected:
            (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
            HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\egodktf.btgv (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fun Web Products (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FocusInteractive (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fun Web Products (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\History (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Shared (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\101x135 (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\History\search (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\History\search2 (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\prevcfg.htm (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\setting2.htm (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\setting2.htm.bak (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\settings.dat (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\settings.dat.bak (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\settings.htm (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\s_pid.dat (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\00637463.urr (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\006E2023.urr (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\006E4937.dat (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\0AC9337E.dat (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\f3wallpp.bmp (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\wrkparam.lst (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images\101x135\0076ACFB.jpg (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\Shared\0068BC9F.dat (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Documents and Settings\Daven\HCUpgrade3.1.exe (Heuristic.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
            C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\Desktop\Error Cleaner.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.