Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Games not working in vista  (Read 4020 times)

obrieski

Games not working in vista
« on: February 07, 2008, 03:49:42 PM »
Computer Specs:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01294325&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3644699&lang=en

Using 6600 Nvida graphics card

Not sure if this is a vista problem or installing of a vid card wrong but heres the problem...

Recently had to get a new pc, the new pc I got had a mobo with integrated vid card. I uninstalled the drivers for the vid card put new vid card in went into bios changed primary vid card to pci-e16 then installed the drivers for the card that got off website.

I've installed two games and havn't been able to get them to work both of them freeze up and stop working before they even get to the main menu of the game (games were Oblivion and Red Orchestra). With the red orchestra game I got two errors to show up one said the display driver nvlddmkm stoped working  the other one brought up a bug log:
 Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2813 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600  (6925)

IDirect3DVertexBuffer9::Lock failed(88760870).

History: FD3D9DynamicVertexStream::AddVertices <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetDynamicStream <- FCanvasUtil::Flush <- UCanvas::DrawTile <- UCanvas::DrawTileStretched <- UGUISectionBackground::Draw <- UGUIMultiComponent::DrawControls <- (ROMainMenu Package.ROMainMenu) <- GUIMultiComponent::Draw <- (ROMainMenu Package.ROMainMenu) <- GUIPage::Draw <- (ROMainMenu Package.ROMainMenu) <- GUIController::NativePostRender <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPostRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FEF8 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Thanks