Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 98SE update problem  (Read 5478 times)

John Chain

Windows 98SE update problem
« on: January 17, 2005, 09:30:56 AM »
When I try to update my computer, right beore it is about to scan for updates, it gives me error code 0x80090350. I googled this and only found people with the same problem as me. Is the Windows Update connection encrypted? Since the computer I am updating from is connected to the internet with a wireless adapter, encrypted data connections that sites have (such as amazon) never works. Windows Update works on my computer where it is directly connected to the router. I figure this is the problem, but can someone at least tell me what this error code means? I went to the microsoft "Windows Update" community newsgroup and they never answer. Someone please help, I think my computer is missing quite a few updates.

YoungWill

Re: Windows 98SE update problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 01:07:56 PM »
I'm not an expert but make sure you have the software for your wifi network installed correctly . . . make sure the correct drivers are thier and if there is an interface to tcp-ip make sure wifi or 802.11 is specified.  Also try looking at ssl.  ssl is a tcp-ip protocol that enables secure transmition. . . i would update the browser to ie 6 which would have up to date ssl then connect through your wifi.  

John Chain

Re: Windows 98SE update problem
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »
Okay, thanks. I'll see if it works, thanks for the help.