Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I Lost Word as my Outlook e-mail editor  (Read 3315 times)

zras01

I Lost Word as my Outlook e-mail editor
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:45:47 PM »
I recently had to uninstall my factory installed Microsoft Office Basic 2003.  When I reloaded with the disk Dell sent me with the computer I could no longer us Word as my e-mail editor.

It started when I went to send a new e-mail and I got this message:     "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor.  However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook.  The outlook e-mail editor will be used instead.  You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation"

I tried a detect and repair and it did absolutely nothing.   

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

TheEmperor

Intermediate

Re: I Lost Word as my Outlook e-mail editor
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »
    Check your word version. Open Word and go to help, about. If it isn't the same as your outlook version then you can't use it as your e-mail editor.
    The Emperor
    Ruling over Technology since 1998
    www.TechEmperor.com

zras01

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:02:43 PM »
    They are both Outlook 2003.

If there was something different loaded at the factory then from the disk I have that should have resolved itself and not made a difference since I used the disk they sent to reinstall the whole Microsoft Office Basic 2003 program.  There would not have been a conflict, I don't think, seeing as how both Word and Outlook are loaded from the same disk.

At least it seems that way to me anyway.

TheEmperor

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 03:15:41 PM »

Did you COMPLETELY uninstall Office when you removed it? You can try an Office Repair in Outlook, but clicking on Help, Detect and Repair. If that doesn't fix it try uninstalling it using the ORK http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/e/d/0eda9ae6-f5c9-44be-98c7-ccc3016a296a/ork.exe and then reinstalling it.
      The Emperor
      Ruling over Technology since 1998
      www.TechEmperor.com

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:14:05 PM »
      They are both Outlook 2003.
      That didn't make sense.  You mean Office 2003, right?  Can you open Word 2003?