Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't view some graphics  (Read 10344 times)

ale52

Topic Starter

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: can't view some graphics
    « Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 10:54:02 AM »
    Here is the SAS log...

I 'cleaned' using them both SAS & the anti-malware software with no changes in the system.  I think I'll need to resort to plan 'B'...copy over all his 'stuff' to the working profile and delete the defective one.

I found a couple of registry cleaners that were downloaded and installed/run.  I suspect, like patio, that one of them screwed up the registry.

thanks for your help  ;)

Alan <><  :D

[file cleanup - saving space - attachment deleted by admin]
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

ale52

Topic Starter

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      « Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »
      Well, after all the scans and testing it still does the same thing so I copied the necessary data to the working profile.  It works fine so I'm going to leave it at that.

Thanks guys for your input and help.

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »
      You understand, that infected files (if any left), are still on that computer?

ale52

Topic Starter

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        « Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
        Yes. I understand. I believe, like Patio, that this is a registry problem caused by a registry cleaner (one I've never heard of) that caused the problem.  He actually had 2 cleaners.

FYI - what was run...AVG antivirus, AVG antispyware, Adaware. Spywareblaster (installed and updated) Superantispyware, Malwarebytes Anti-malware, Spybot.